Last night we are eating out (once again) at our favorite mexican restaraunt, Costa Azul. Now I am convinced that not only are the portions there muy grande and the price is muy poco, that it is the most entertaining restaraunt I've ever eaten at on a regular basis. When we were there a few months ago, I overheard a conversation between to people who were meeting for the first time after speaking for months on the internet. (See blog "How do you Catch a Moron" in Archives. 8/17/06)
When we were there a week ago, a fight ensued and we really thought the Mex's were going to start brandishing Colt .45's and such. The waitresses spewed out some Spanish threats and the police were dispatched and the drunken fighters were escorted out by their not-as-drunk counterparts and the police. FUN! I'd LOVE to know what that tiny waitress was yelling at him. All 4 foot 10 of her, finger waving in his face!
So last night...we're enjoying our meal. The girls are a little rowdy, and we weren't sitting at our usual table. New waitress. It's okay, she didn't know. She sat us next to the jukebox which is a NO NO! But it was either allow the jukebox to blare in our ears, or risk sitting on the side with the bar, which isn't the smartest thing to do with small children at a Mexican Establishment. So jukebox it was!
The people sitting behind us were having quite the conversation. Apparently a sister and brother (in their late teens/early 20's) were having a dinner night out with Good Ol' Dad for the holidays. The Dad was working on his 2nd Margarita when we arrived. (They make some STROONG Margarita's!) So I'm thinking he's a little lushy. Some regular family talk ensued and then some bantering began with a remark about how the Dad killed the brother's dog last year when he kicked the dog and 2 days later the dog up and died.
Wow. Anger Management anyone?
This is the conversation:
Dad: "I never kicked the damn dog! I went like this...!" (He's showing them in actions how he approached the dog while sitting in his booth, his back banging up against MY back as he's getting heated and angry) "I did exactly like this! I wasn't going to touch him with my hands, only my foot! He'd already bitten others, I wasn't going to let him bite me!"
Son: "Ohhh...so that's why you killed him?" (Bantering tone)
Dad: "I didn't kill the damn dog! It was YOUR dog! I've had 3 dogs of my own and YOUR dog is the one that has bitten 3 of my kids! My dogs never did! You weren't even THERE what the hell do you know about how I did or didn't do or if I did or didn't kill him?!"
Son: "Ohhh...so that's why you killed him!" (Sarcasm dripping tone)
Dad: (looking at daughter) "You were there! You saw me only kick towards him, nudge him. I didn't kick him!"
Daughter: "I don't know...it was last year..." (Mumbling)
Dad, exasperatingly: "Yeah, it was last year!" (Slams himself back against MY back.) "It's the fucking holidays and I don't understand why the one time I take you guys out to have a nice holiday night out, you two jump on me about the damn dog. I didn't kick it, I didn't kill it! You've ruined my appetite and I'm ready to go!" He slams himself back AGAIN then gets out of the booth.
Son: "Dad, you didn't even eat it all."
Dad, yelling as he's walking down the aisle. "It's okay I'm paying for it anyway!"
Daughter: "I saw him kick that dog. I was there, you weren't. I was. He kicked the dog." (Low whisper.)
Son: "I know he did, just like Dad. I know he killed that dog."
Dad: "Since I paid for this stinkin' uneaten meal, you can get the tip." He grabs his things and stomps outside.
Wow. Mature!
Needless to say, the kids didn't leave a tip to my knowledge. Apparently Dad has some hang-ups about killing this dog ALLEGEDLY.
And we were just laughing because of the comical aspect of this Family night out. IF that's the worst of their problems, they're doing pretty good!
LONG LIVE THE MEMORY OF ROVER!!!
Birthday Cake
6 years ago

1 hollas!:
THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment