About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

4.29.2009

~WBW~

For WBW, I will share with you a semi-sad yet exciting time from 2003. I was 8.5 months pregnant at the time with Natalie. Going through a divorce. And a 15 month old deaf child receiving surgery for her 1st cochlear implant. Then, afterwards, a funny 80's picture of my lovely sister who for sure will shoot me dead if and when she finds out I posted such a goofy picture of her! Enjoy!!!


________________________


Olivia out of surgery. She scared the crap out of me because she'd always done so well coming out of anesthesia for her other procedures, but this time she flailed and screamed and tore her head dressing off and there was all this iodine and blood and swollen fire red-pink scar across her tiny head and OMG it was so traumatic for her...and me!




Olivia the next morning... she bounced back quickly!



And here is Olivia now, 6 years (and 1 more surgery on the other ear) later:

Yeah, and my sister, circa late 80's early 90's or some year equally as embarassing! HAHAHA!



5 hollas!:

katandkarl said...

sweet baby.

that hair is the awesome.

Stacia said...

gosh at how they grow...much tougher than we think too.

your sister is going to beat you =)

Jax said...

OMG that hair is AWESOME!! And wow..what a brave little girl..and a brave mommy, too. :)

Cakes by Delilah said...

Joy,
Ian had to have surgery when he was five months old and that was one of the scariest moments of my life. I hate that you two had to go through that. Your baby girl is beautiful!!!! I can't wait to meet her one day!! =o) That is, if your sister doesn't get a hold of you first. lol

Anonymous said...

Joy,
This is your sister (the one with the awsome hiardo)and I just wanted you and the rest of the bloggers to know that you play a very important roll in my life and regardless of the bond or the connection that we may have posting that picture requires a full blown ass kicken, possibly even a slow painful, brutal death! You will some how some day pay for posting that picture! If this was your way of luring me clear out to Oklahoma, it just about worked! Then I caught on to your evil plot!
Now, for those who would like tips on how to get your hair to look like one of the Jackson 5, let me know and I can see if Seventeen Magazine will post a special section in next months issue. Hint: LOTS of "Rave" hairspray!
Love you Joy and you are just like your big sister....daring, funny and living on the edge! XOXO