About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

9.13.2006

Fanatics...

This picture is a photo of my daughter's Advanced Bionics Cochlear Implant. The 1st photo is the actual implanted device. The 2nd is her new processor, AKA behind the ear processor, and the bottom photo is of her old back processor. I love her behind the ear processor simply because I no longer have to sew pockets into her shirts! YAY
(Side note: Olivia's processor is not this same color. I ordered her's without the showy colors so hers is simply silver.)
I have now become a fanatic. A fanatic about getting involved (like that's EVER been hard for me to do!) in not only my daughter's therapy, but in the entire Auditory Experience.
This past Monday and Tuesday, I attended a Hearts for Hearing Conference held at the TTC Riverside Campus. I have met so many neat people and learned so many new things about Cochlear Implants and Auditory Verbal Therapy and the different organizations that fund and associate with them. I am excited! Speaking about my daughter, Olivia, is something I love to do. I love talking about something as controversial as a Cochlear Implant and seeing the look of awe and disbelief in people's expressions when they realize that this HEARING, SPEAKING child in front of them was born profoundly deaf in both ears.
How awesome it is to hear Olivia speak in clear sentences. Even when she is angry and yelling, there is a part of me that is thinking..."My god...4 years ago, I thought she would never hear, muchless, speak!"
Children who are born deaf or hard of hearing can learn to listen and talk. My daughter is proof of that. So, that is why I have posted all those nice new links in the "Links Section" of my blog. You could really learn a lot if you just take a click...I mean, peek!
Thanks for the support!

0 hollas!: