Beauty is only skin deep...professionalism is key.
Ever seen the movie Nanny McPhee? Well, just to give you a little info in case you haven't, it's a story about a man who has these dozens of children that won't listen to anyone and they are BAD BAD BAD. Nanny McPhee shows up like some kind of modern day Mary Poppins and attempts to teach them 3 lessons. With each lesson they learn, her ugliness melts away and at the end she's this beautiful woman.Ok, that's KIND of like me, except I seem to be getting UGLIER with each lesson I teach the children in my care. The lack of time for me is eeking into my time to work out which is eeking into the seams of my size 12 jeans. Please help me. I need to keep focused. Doing it by myself is SO damn hard.
So I'm a 2 Star Child Care Home. I'm CDA Certified plus a few other degrees under my belt. [None have anything to do with one another.] Gee...I'm consistent. I am full and in demand right now, as I have been voted by my specific DHS branch as a Grade A+ Home Child Care. This means a lot right now with all the horrifying things Child Care Providers are doing to/with children these days.
On the professional note, I spoke at a Parent Panel for Hands & Voices and have created a nice repertoire with Carol Lambert from the University of Tulsa. She has assigned me time to come and speak to the students in the fall on a continuous basis at the Mary K. Chapman Center Department for Communication Disorders. I say "assigned" because she basically attacked me at the panel, excited and jubilant at my ability to speak on a professional/personal note. I think her pretty close to exact words were "it was professional enough to keep the professionals interested and personal enough for the parents to understand and reach. You MUST come speak to my students...here is my card, I'll e mail you." and the next day, my inbox was FULL.
OSU-Tulsa has also requested for me to speak at their Parent Panels for their Communicative Disorders Department, but somehow I just feel more important when I link my name to the University of Tulsa for obvious reasons.
I sang at Relay 4 Life. It was allright. Rained out. That's about it. Saw a lot of friends. Thanks for all of those that came out to see/hear me sing. I appreciate y'all.
So I know this blog is kind of boring and I don't have cute pics to display over it. I just have limited time now. I'll try to keep up, fingers crossed and remember to breathe...

1 hollas!:
1. This is AWESOME!!!
2. You dont toot your own horn enough, chica!
3. You're fabulous! Very few people are well-spoken, intelligent AND able to relate with.. Im glad everyone sees those things in you!! Hearing you speak would be awesome! :)
4. My GOD you dont have any time for yourself!! You should take a trip to the community college for a massage or something! There's so much cheaper there and it sounds like you need one!!
Keep up the blogging!!
Post a Comment