About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

6.29.2007

It's that time again...=[

Today would be Katie Mae (Momo) Caldwell's 78th birthday. My Momo died October 23rd, 2002 after a long painful bout with cancer. Momo lived in Rossville, Georgia for as long as I could remember. No matter where my parents moved our family throughout my childhood and teen years, Momo always lived in the same house, on the same street, in the same town. I remember the winding road that led to her town. I remember my father teasing me about the "JOY DOGFOOD" billboard outside of her community. I remember my brother and I being so excited about being at Momo's and about being able to see her again, that we'd literally sneak our seatbelts off and have our hands on the handle of the car door and we'd be out and racing to her front door before my father had the car safely in park. I remember every time I ever left with one of my cousins or my Aunt Sandra to go to the store, we'd always ask Momo, "Do you need anything while we're out?" And she'd say "Yes, bring me 1 million dollars and Fabio!" One time, I bought her a notepad shaped like a 1 million dollar bill and a romance novel that had Fabio on the cover. She thought that was so hilarious.I remember sitting at her piano in her back room and even though I didn't know how to play it, I could play just made up melodies for hours. She never minded the racket. She was too engrossed in her novels!Sometimes I can smell the perfume she use to wear. I can even smell the scent that permeated her house. Sometimes, I can clearly picture her house, her bookshelves complete with knick knacks. I can clearly remember her telling me that I couldn't eat one of her Grapefruits because they were part of her special diet and besides, I wouldn't like them anyway. I begged her and begged her for it and she finally gave in. One bite and I spit it out! She made me eat the whole darn thing!! LOLI remember when my Papa left Momo for another woman, that Momo was reading a romance novel, and the heroine's name was Anna. When Momo found out that was Papa's girlfriend's name, she proceeded to mark out the name Anna every place it appeared in that book. Constructive!!!I remember looking for sand dollars on the beach with Momo in Panama City Beach, Florida. I remember finding the perfect jar to fit all the sand dollars in and that they sat on her kitchen window sill for years and years.My Momo was the best, most patient, most reliable, most gentle, kind person I have ever met in my entire life. Whenever everything was tumbling around me or felt in such disarray, she was constant. She was there. Now she is not here, at least, not in the physical.I miss Momo. I miss that I missed so many birthdays. I miss that I missed so many phone calls. I miss that Olivia and Natalie will never know the most wonderful person in the world. I miss that she will never know the most beautiful 2 girls in my world.
Happy Birthday in Heaven, Momo!


0 hollas!: