About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

7.01.2007

Fit for a Princess...




I hear Katie Holmes won some award for a Celeb. Magazine as [one of] the most influential celebrities because of her "refreshing, girl-next-door look". I laughed because if an up-and-coming starlet is stupid enough to let the likes of Scientologist Tom Cruise destroy her career before it ever hit its peak, have her pregnant & married before she could blink twice, and basically shove his beliefs down her throat, she is not very influential, just star-struck & gullible. Not to mention one of the other "most influential celebs" happens to be Rosie O' which is just...ummm...wrong & sick.





How could ANYONE define influence in those terms? Because they have natural/fake beauty? Because they do insane, off the wall antics that scream for attention? When did being "owned" and "controlled" [JMO] become influential to society in these terms? When did dressing your child up in full soldier's attire, bullets and all, become influential to society in these terms?





I am not saying these women have NO influence on anyone. I'm not even saying that they have no right to be an influence. But INFLUENCE, by definition is:




Influence: a power affecting a person, thing, or course of events, especially one that operates without any direct or apparent effort.




Oh yeah...that's Rosie O'. [insert eye-roll here]




The MOST influential person of all times is not Katie Holmes, or Rosie O' Donnell, nor is it Anna Nicole Smith's baby girl, Dannielynn.




It's Diana Frances Spencer. A.K.A. Princess Diana of Wales.




Princess Diana was the epitome of humbleness, humanity, love, grace, royalty, and extremely influential in THESE terms. Her grace, tenacity, and overall empathy for the human race as a whole was quite overwhelming and it is hard for me to imagine that anyone else would be able to do what she did with the elegance and intensity that she did it.




Princess Diana made you feel she was speaking directly to you, even through the television. When people watched her walk down that aisle in the 80's, there was a reverence far beyond the norm. I was a young child then, and I still remember seeing it.



Watching her children now, being the men that she taught them from a young age to be, gives me some hope and some reassurance that her traits and her beliefs and her loves did not die with her, but live on with them. I hope that they will continue to carry on the love and grace that their mother bestowed upon them and the public.



Today, I salute Princess Diana. For what she was, what she is, and what she continues to be.



She will be forever missed.

0 hollas!: