About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

9.15.2007

I'm In My 20's...Pt. 2: "Time Flies"


Here I am sitting here wondering what the hell is going on. Everything seems to be going so slow in my little corner of the world, while everything around me seems to be going so fast...like it's all a blur.



This is what I mean:


  • When did I go from being 18 and insecure to being 26 and [at some level] confident?


  • When did I go from having my whole life ahead of me to my kids' lives ahead of me?


  • How does it seem that just yesterday I was so upset because I didn't get to go to the college and now, I have 3 degrees, working on a 4th?


  • I turn around, and I have one kid that is 5 now, and another nearing 4!


  • How is it that I'm nearing 27, and the thought SCARES me? Not only have I just gotten over checking the next age range box in a survey, I have only 3 short years to 30, and I still haven't done everything I wanted to do yet!

Don't get me wrong, I know pretty much everything that led from where I was, to where I am now. It's just amazing to me that so much time has passed and it seems like it hasn't been a day. I remember clearly moving to Oklahoma and hating my parents for that. I remember feeling so ugly and frumpy and insecure and paranoid, basically doing nothing but school and going home. I remember Prom, Graduating, etc...you get the picture. But WHERE did it all go?? How did it happen so long ago but seem like just yesterday. Half the time I have to remind myself I'm not 19 anymore...


Some other random things that elude me:



  • Since WHEN was Saved by the Bell "cool" again? I can't get away from it @ 6 am!

  • Add "Beverly Hills, 90210" to that list with SBTB. I forgot how ugly Tori Spelling is until happening upon an episode yesterday morning.

  • What the hell is up with the 80's coming back? I saw a girl the other day in bright blue flats, lime green leg warmers, a short jean skirt, and a long sleeved black & white striped fitted tee. Also a scarf that was hot pink and a beige painter's cap cocked to the left on her blonde little head. Yes, things die for a reason.

  • The hype over Brad Pitt. I've never understood it. As a matter of fact, I remain dumbfounded over this one. (He wasn't even cute in Thelma & Louise. C'mon...you know I'm right!!)

0 hollas!: