About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

9.22.2007

I'm In My 20's...Pt. 3: "Grow Up"

At some point, everyone has to grow up and get real with themselves. Not just about the good things about themselves, but with the bad too. People need to accept that part of who they are, otherwise, they'll just.get.stuck. One thing my mom use to tell me, that I've never forgotten is "I don't want you to be in your 40's before you realize these things..." Well, noooooo of course I don't want to be old and decrepit before I realize how life works. I prefer to just know everything now.

The truth is, we all hide from those worst qualities of ourselves. Sometimes we even hide BEHIND them with a take it or leave it attitude. Whether it be from the fear of social disapproval, disappointment in ourselves, not ready to face our own criticizms, finding our, or admitting to our worst qualities is not something we look forward to focusing on.

Because I'm in my 20's, and I don't want to realize these things in my 40's, here are my hang ups in numerical order...without justification or reason...




  1. I must have the last word.


  2. I am an emotional over-eater.


  3. I bite my fingernails.


  4. I yell. Loudly. Especially when angry.


  5. I'm a S.L.O.B.


  6. I procrastinate.


  7. I am emotional. Seriously.


  8. I stomp my feet when I don't get my way.


  9. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with anxiety.


  10. I am a firm follower of out-of-sight-out-of-mind.


  11. I have lost patience over the years.


  12. I have a very sharp tongue...and use it without thinking. Often.


Ok...that's enough ragging on myself...I think I need some chocolate...NOW.

0 hollas!: