About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

11.22.2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was great. I had some friends over, as well as Garland, Olivia, & Natalie. I'm already taking new recipes and thinking I'll probably keep them until Christmas. Yay!

I made EVERYTHING. I had SO MUCH FUN! It's great being "The Cook" as well as "A Cook" and people knowing that I have the ability to cook and wanting to eat what I have made makes me feel special. Seriously.

This is what was on the menu (everything was from scratch!):

  1. Turkey. (Good heavens it was juicyyyyyyy)
  2. Ham. (Deliciously juicy, w/ cherries & pineapples and glazed to perfection.)
  3. Green Bean Casserole. (My favorite side dish.)
  4. Cranberry Sauce. (While I am not a fan of cranberries nor cranberry sauce, this is one dish that will be used traditionally. It was heaven!)
  5. Garlic Basil Mashed Potatoes
  6. Gravy
  7. Stuffing. (The turkey was stuffed, and I made 1 side.)
  8. Flaky Biscuits
  9. Squash & Zucchini
  10. Sweet Potato Pie. (I made 4 of these, 2 regular, 2 bourbon spiced.)
  11. Pumpkin Pie. (I made 2 of these.)
  12. Apple Pie. (For the kids.)

What I am Thankful for:

  1. Family
  2. Friends
  3. Health
  4. Limbs on my body work, no matter how much I don't use them.
  5. My business
  6. Roof over my head. Food in my stomach.
  7. My kids. Where would I be without them? Probably at the bar! hahaha
  8. My intuition.
  9. Electricity. Without it, I'd be in the dark. Seriously.
  10. Love.

0 hollas!: