About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

2.02.2009

As luck has it...


...Garland's mother lives somewhere in the vicinity of Downtown. As in, with 3 ways that lead out direct shot to the BOK. Never in a bazillion years would I have thought of calling her in the midst of traffic to come down and drive us to the BOK and then her take my car back to her place until the concert was over and come pick us back up, thus escaping the bumper to bumper madness and NEVER sitting at a standstill. But Garland did, as luck would have it.

...We got there early enough to get a Chicken Basket and Lemonade. Starrrrving, DUHHH (As Celine would say...we are so much alike!) and we finished before the lights dimmed and at 7:57 we headed to our seats...which no one had taken, as luck would have it.

CELINE SAYING HELLO TULSA!
...We get in our seats, and were commenting on what great seats they were, and I inwardly grimaced because I left a comment on Blaze's blog stating that compared to hers, my seats were probably craptastic...and they SOOOOO weren't...I mean HELLO....Celine was literally in my FACE (Yes people, I could smell her body glitter!), as luck would have it.




...Dean Riling, usher. God Bless him. I was going to deck him at first, but he turned out all right. I mean hey, he came up during Gordie Brown's performance--who, btw, was hilarious. I thought his parodies were funny & his impressions were impressive. LOVED the Michael Jackson bit--and the usher told us we were going to be moved. MOVED? MOVED...are you serious. These are like, the awesome of the awesome side view seats. Seriously, I thought he was from MTV's Boiling Point or something because I didn't want to give up my seat. But, I did not argue and I did as told...and OMG...he moved me & Garland DEAD center 2 rows down...no longer was Celine in my face...I was TOTALLY in hers, as luck would have it!! (Well, except for when he scared the crap out of me by moving us to the far side...turned out that was just so we weren't walking in front of the camera while it was taping GB's opening. And then we were put behind the overly-exuberant men who rallied for Ms. Dion's attention every time she sang in front of us. Then, for some reason, the usher moved people into our old seats?!? I wasn't complaining!!!)




This is when she was high fiving the guy in front of us. Then, he was so excited that he turned around and looked straight at me (after receiving a playful shove and kiss from the man next to him) and said OMG! HIGH FIVE GIRL! And he high-fived me! WITH the hand Celine Dion high-fived! WOW! He transferred Ms. Dion's insured glittery cooties to me! Woot Woot!


I took this as she was walking up the side pedestal straight to my seat! I was star-struck! This is my favorite pic by far! Thank goodness I was able to crop out dude-in-front-of-me's arm. He was making me smile by his giddiness, but was fudging up my pics with that dang hand!



I am on Cloud 9. I had an awesome time. An awesome night. And I am so excited that I got to experience Celine Dion first-hand. She truly is a delight. She was also funny, a bit on the goofy side, and definitely passionate! I didn't want to leave...but luck wouldn't have it!


Some more pics from the concert:














This one is kinda dark but I am sitting on the stage. CELINE DION'S STAGE. You know...the one she brought with her?! WOOT WOOT Where that pedestal stage has been...and her feet were just on it! WOOT! Ok...so I'm a weirdo...Whatev!

CELINE SAYING THANK YOU & GOODBYE, TULSA!

THANK YOU, CELINE!!!!

5 hollas!:

Unknown said...

It was a fantastic concert. We were directly across from you. They were amazing seats. Rachel and I were laughing at the first row of gay guys going crazy. Apparently you were right behind them! So much fun!

melissa said...

i maybe might kind of a little bit love celine sort of. maybe.

did she sing "river deep, mountain high?" is that even the name of that one? i f*cking love that song. ;)

Kelz World said...

yayyyy im sooo glad you got to go!!! thats so exciting and it looks like good times and i can tell by the smile on your face you were so excited. LOVE IT!! HIGH FIVE GIRL!!! LOL

Michelle said...

Really good pictures. Looks like it was a great concert.

Jax said...

SOOO fun! I'm so glad you got to go! I loved your fb pics, too!! :) HOORAY Celine!!!!