About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

8.31.2006

Disappointment

"Nothing is ever really lost, or can be lost,
No birth, identity, form--no object of the world,
Nor life, nor force, nor any visible thing;...
The body, sluggish, aged, cold--the embers left from earlier fires,
...shall duly flame again."
~The Notebook~


Poetry is said to be a bridge to the soul. Poetry can touch where mere actions cannot. Poetry can awaken the senses, and to those that are receptive, the feelings of being alive. Writing poetry can be just as peaceful and relaxing as hearing it read to you or reading it to yourself. Rhyme schemes, alliteration, haiku's, epics, they all have their own types of ways to tell a story. A story of the heart. A story of the mind. A story that flows from the fingertips with fluid motions and intense purposes.
I must say I am slightly disappointed with the novel, The Notebook. While it was basically the same story line, text, etc...as the movie, there was a lacking. Something was missing. Something didn't conclude the story for me. Something didn't set right.
It's not the same feeling I get when I read a book and think Oh My God, I never want this story to end!!! This was more like "That was it? Wasn't there supposed to be more??" I kept waiting for the increase in climax, for the heartwrenching ending, and it really never came. Maybe this is why I read books first?!
Some of my friends say they aren't readers as much as I am, and they really couldn't get into the book. I had no problems getting INTO the book, what I had the problem with was the book seemed to lack some type of depth. It lacked the drawing in to the absolute power that love has to offer and take and give. It lacked substance.
However, the letters written in the book did wrench my heart. Did bring tears stinging my eyes. All in all, it's a book I would read again, and was very good, just lacked in some areas.
It's all good, though. The movie was fantastic, and heck, Mr. N. Sparks is seeing more money that I so who the heck am I to talk!? hahaha
'Til next time...
<3,>

0 hollas!: