OK. So, there are 2 things in this world that really piss me off and one of those things is morons. (Jackie, if you are reading this, your story about the elevator girl falls into this category, hahaha) So I am sitting down with Garland and the girls for dinner at our "favorito restaraunte" a.k.a. Costa Azul and no sooner had I gotten one bite in my mouth than I hear a very loud, very arrogant voice in the booth behind me greeting a woman meeting him there.
Apparently, this is their first meeting, as they introduced themselves and referred to the "you look different from your pics...etc..." and made reference to IMs so I'm assuming they are one of those AOL meat market junkies.
Before you read any further, I firmly believe that there are 2 things that you don't touch with a 10 foot pole on a first "DATE" that is POLITICS and RELIGION. This guy broke that law. Sure people have their views and beliefs on both issues, but a first meeting/date just IS NOT the place for that. ESPECIALLY if the person expressing their views has NO FREAKING idea what he's talking about.
CASE IN POINT:
MAN: Well, you know, this 9-1-1 thing is just a mind-f*ck on the American people. The government created this "Al Quaida" to scare the American people and to make the Americans believe that the government is under attack and needs to protect them...(like the government has some kind of munchausen syndrome, you know, making us sick so they can make us better and get lots of attention, trust and love while doing it)
MY THOUGHTS: While this may very well be the case, my belief is that it's not. 9/11 wasn't a joke in my opinion and it WAS a terrorist attack, not some gross misappropriation of the position of EL PRESIDENTE.
MAN: It has to be a mind-f*ck, because before 9-1-1, I never even heard of "Al Quaida" and I was highly trained in major terrorism...
MY THOUGHTS: Yeah freakin' RIGHT!
WOMAN: Well I thought that I had heard about them before 9/11....
MAN(interrupting): Really?? Please, tell me when that was because I was highly trained in anti-terrorism and I never did..
WOMAN: Well there is something in the bible about when there is war in the Middle East, Jesus is coming, right?"
MY THOUGHTS: Ummm...there is ALWAYS war in the Middle East and didn't the Bible say that the ANTI-CHRIST will be unveiled when there is PEACE in the Middle East, not war?? As per the Book of Daniel Chapter 7??
OK whatever. So that was just a snippet of what this guy was feeding this poor defenseless AOL woman. He went on to say that our soldiers are really at 0% risk being in Iraq and that they pretty much are getting paid to see the world on the US dollar. I'm not a big follower of this war, as I have mentioned before, but I will support our troops, our men and women who do think that they are fighting for a good cause.
If I were still 20, didn't have my kids with me, and it wasn't a restaurant, I'd have turned around and probably debated him for a LONG LONG time.
Anyways, enuff of that BS. Just thought I'd share my thoughts on the psychotic ramblings of an obviously conspiracy theory hungry anti government fanatic. Hope he's reading.
Peace
Birthday Cake
6 years ago



0 hollas!:
Post a Comment