About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

8.25.2006

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!

Well. Nothing better than a nice little chat about our favorite yellow sponge, SpongeBob Squarepants.

It sickens me really, how one tiny minute (pronounced 'my-newt' for all you Patricks out there) sponge is brought to life with Dilbert-like attire and buck teeth. Not to mention the big bulging eyes that are screaming "LOVE ME!" every time he blinks.

But really, who am I kidding here? SpongeBob is THE BOMB. Every child I know loves him and the show. For some reason, when that first seagull calls right before the pirate begins singing the intro, every child in my house runs to the TV, no matter WHAT they are doing! I have a music CD of children's favorite songs, and SpongeBob's theme song is on it. It's quite funny to play that song in the playroom and watch them all herd into the livingroom, expecting to see Mr. Absorbency in all his yellow glory. HAHAHA I do this a few times a week just to get my kicks! Sure, that voice can grate on you and his best friend Patrick is beyond what you would consider "special", but hey, everyone has some annoying traits don't they?

Check Out Blinkyou.com for thousands of custom glitters and layouts


I am a SpongeBob fan. I own a few DVD's that are nothing but SpongeBob on them. I am not ashamed to admit it...NOW! SpongeBob is one of those things where you KNOW you probably SHOULDN'T be watching it, but you are just mesmerized, like some type of hypnosis. Maybe it's the theme song, maybe it's his voice, but there is something eerily facsinating about this over zealous fry cook who can't drive a boat to save his (or his boating instructor's) life.

I love the undersea verbage. It keeps me laughing and I try to listen for more that I haven't caught onto yet. I have compiled a mental list of the "undersea curse words" that SpongeBob's creators have taken from their genius. Here they are:

  • Fish Paste. Usually used by brainless Patrick when something doesn't go the way he or SpongeBob intended. Sounds like our "land" version of freakin' a!
  • Holy Shrimp. Used mainly by Spongebob. I imagine it stands for Holy "S." hahaha
  • Barnacles. Squidward's choice. Said in his monotone voice with his monotone attitude. I'd imagine this is the undersea version of the famous "F" word. Sometimes I think it is used in the place of damn, too.
  • Tartar Sauce. My personal favorite! Used by many different characters in the show. I'm thinking this could be used for a variety of curse words.
  • Halibut. HAHAHA Freaking hilarious. Also said as "Holy Halibut" leading me to think this is yet another version of our "S" word. Just plain funny.

Spongebob is mainly mindless superfluous dribble, but that is what makes it as funny and lighthearted as it is. I mean, take for instance SpongeBob's character himself. He's an adult who has a crappy job, can't excel in boating school, has a dumbass for a best friend, annoys his neighbors, is WAY too perky, and can't drive a boat to save his (or his boating instructor's) life. Yet he is a child, finding the good in everything, striving for excellence (even with the unattainable), and never letting anyone get him down (unless it's an unsatisfied customer). I mean, WHO CAN DO THAT in reality and live to see tomorrow?!

And the songs. (Insert memorable chuckle here) What is it with the songs? My kids run around the house singing the following...(as the tune melodies in my head...)

"IM A GOOFY GOOBER, YEAH!...YOU'RE A GOOFY GOOBER, YEAH!...WE'RE ALL GOOFY GOOBERS, YEAH!"

or

"C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G-Song"

or

"FUN: 'F' is for friends who do things together, 'U' is for you and me, 'N' is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea..."

Ok. So I'll be the first to admit I probably do watch a little TOO much SpongeBob. Halibut, even Garland has become attached to the porous yellow guy. I have my favorites such as "Home Sweet Pineapple" and "Just One Bite" to name a few. I also find "Grandma's Kisses" and "I'm With Stupid" too hilarious for words. I think my favorite line is "Bring it around town!" and "I'm ready!" (except I find even more hilarious that in the SBSP movie, when SB doesn't get the promotion because Mr. Krabs thinks he's a kid, ("Like Saying I'm A Kid") he sadly recites "I'm ready...depression..." over and over again).

What I like most about SpongeBob Squarepants is that we can all watch it and laugh and belly shake to it together. Myself, Garland, and the girls. It's a relief to all of us, with the girls not being interested in News and us not being interested in many cartoons. It's just plain fun being able to sit around for an hour or so and laugh to something so stupid, so impossibly funny that you don't even care that it's a cartoon. All in all, I think SpongeBob Squarepants is a neat little guy...for a cartoon of course!

Ok, so I'm going to close this blog now that you all officially think I'm a TOTAL whack job. Like there wasn't anything IMPORTANT for me to blog about!

Peace <3,

1 hollas!:

Anonymous said...

Girl you are a true Spongebob groupie! I mean, you are the biggest fan i think. I loooooooooooooooooooooove Spongebob and i hope one day i can be a big fan like you!! :)

Bring it around down, and then you do this, and this, and this... LOL land on the right foot and don't forget it!! LMAO

Chace