About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

5.16.2007

Update on Olivia.

Today we went to activate Olivia's 2nd implant. There's a lot of technology involved, and a lot of people don't fully understand even when I try to explain that in her "old" ear, she is 4 years old, and in her "new" ear she is 0 years old. Even though she is 5. Yeah, work that out on your own if you care. LOL

So Dr. Wolfe turned her new one on, and let's just say Olivia is NOT a happy camper. It's not as loud as she wants it, and she doesn't understand the concept of time. Right now she doesn't understand that wearing it alone will help her learn how to use it better. She certainly doesn't understand that it will come IN TIME.

Remember my blog "Quick Fixes"? Check it out here. That will probably explain it a lot more without typing another novel that will basically say the same thing.

Olivia may wear both processors to school and during my working hours, but after work and school, during therapy, and on calm nights and weekends, she must wear only the new processor in order to learn how to use it and speak and respond and listen with it.

She's doing great. I have some pics. I'll upload them soon. Have a great day!!!!

0 hollas!: