About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

5.29.2008

I Call her...Mini Me.

It dawned on me tonight just how much what I do affects my children. Yes, I am aware of this on a daily basis. Melt down after melt down in front of them and they'll grow up to be some screwed up children for sure.

This week has been IN.SANE. Literally. My kids have become the poster children for "Children Who Watch Too Much Adult Television"! Natalie came in and said "MOOOM! It's Fursday!" and I'm trying to figure out what the heck is so special about 'Fursday' when she comes in and sticks the remote in my face and states "Grey's A-nat-oh-me! (Yes she said it just like that.) Dewick an' Mewedif are gonna kiss (sigh with an eyeroll) a-gaiiin!" As if kissing was the most grotesque thing in the world a man and woman could do together. I could name a couple of other things but won't disgust you with details.

MIND YOU, this is after Wednesday when Olivia came to me with her hands on her hips chastising me for not putting Criminal Minds on (I normally DVR these shows but dang when my kids give me "that face" I can't help but cuddle with them on the couch instead of spanking their butts and putting them back to bed. Sometimes anyway.) and I'm sure tomorrow night I'll hear something about Ghost Whisperer and CSI as soon as they realize I haven't talked about it or DVR'd it or watched it during naptime (my children are notorious for hiding behind the baby gates and furniture when I think they are napping. Yes I have caught on to this. Yes I do my best but dammit they are soooo sneaky!)

I had to explain to my lovely daughters that A. These are shows mommy shouldn't have really let them watch and B. These shows are all over. I didn't bother to say for the season because I'm not at all sure they'd understand that.

Natalie threw a FIT. Olivia pouted. Apparently Natalie thought it was GROSS that 2 women kissed on GA in the season finale because she told me about a million times. ***And before anyone out there chastises me for letting my children watch Grey's...I DON'T CARE because Grey's is the one show that I watch AND DVR at the SAME time!*** I have to watch it when the rest of the world sees it too, and then I have to watch it later to catch all the parts I missed from jumping up and down and yelling at the screen and crying and laughing and such.

Natalie said "It's NOT FAIR!" and Olivia moved on with a slight "Awww man!". Yes, world...Natalie IS my MINI.ME.

0 hollas!: