Olivia, with blue frosting on her lips and her Webkinz (She named her Princess) that Aunt Laura & Uncle Britton (My bro & his wife) got her for her birthday. (Aunt & Uncle are the 2 in the background to the right)
I just have to unload all of the RELIEF that I feel right now. I am sooooo excited that Olivia is going to 1st grade. I have fought for Olivia all her life, and will more than likely continue to do so in the future. She is so amazing, I don't know what else to say to convey my pride in having her for a daughter. Sometimes she is annoying, and a teensy weensy bit of a drama queen (did I just say teensy weensy?!!??)but over all she really is a great kid.
I fought for Olivia to get into a mainstream classroom. I fought for Olivia to stay out of DD classes. I fought for devices, teachers, supplies, behavior, a BUS because they were going to make her WALK. At 5 years of age! Alone. Psht. Not my kid! I fought for Olivia to be "normal" whatever the definition of THAT is.
Olivia has been promoted to 1st grade and I am SOOOO excited mainly because she got there predominantly on her own! She has worked so hard to get where she is at and I just can't help but give an extra woot woot!! for all her effort and hard work! Olivia worked hard in a regular classroom, with regular students, with a regular teacher, with the aide of irregular equipment. She surpassed all expectations and was at the top of her class!! I AM SO PROUD!!!!!!!
Today is the last day of school. We have this summer and then we start wearing uniforms. Dang, how they grow...
Congratulations Olivia! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

0 hollas!:
Post a Comment