So, a few years ago, Garland asked me if I could try to make Tabouli because even though he loves Jamil's Tabouli, he has never found a place including Jamil's who made it like his father did before he passed away. (Insert awwww here because he thinks so highly of my cooking that he left it in my hands to make it like his Daddy.)
So, I looked up some recipes, got the ingredients, and set to work on creating Tabouli. Mind you, I have NEVER even tasted Tabouli before. So I made it, I tasted it, decided it needed extra this or that, and then when I served it to him, he took one bite (I was SOOOO nervous!!) and literally his face lit up (and his eyes I think got watery!!!) He said it tasted JUST like his Dad's and that it was wonderful!
Every week he eats at the same place he & his Dad ate at in mid-town. He goes by himself and has a lunch there & sometimes (even though he's never told me) I think he goes and visits his Father's grave. I was happy I was able to recreate this simple meal/salad so that he can once again have that feeling of being closer to his Dad.
Why am I telling you this? Well, because Olivia & Natalie & I got together this weekend and I taught them how to make Tabouli. It was fun! They mixed, cut, washed, measured, and tasted (they DID NOT like it!) and served it to Daddy. They were so proud of themselves!!! Here's some pictures from the Kitchen Of Joy:





2 hollas!:
yummmmmm! tabouli! i love it so much! sometimes food is the best cure for anything. : )
awww I need a James....
Post a Comment