Remember this???
So I spent 8 to 10 hours on a friggin' cake and now fully understand the price tags on cakes from local (good) bakeries. I pulled the cake off but will now chuck this experience up to learning from my mistakes so that next time, perfection is attainable:
Lesson #1:
When a recipe calls for 8in X 8 in square baking pans, they really mean SQUARE. Don't use pyrex. It has rounded edges. Damn my shoulder shrug. "I don't need new baking pans, I have them" was seriously kicking myself in the pants as soon as I took cakes out, began plastering them together, only to realize 2nd tier up that the edges are ROUNDED and I can't take them apart to cut the rounded edges off because the icing plaster had already dried & adhered the cake pieces together.
Lesson #2:
No matter how many hours you Crumb Freeze & Ice, Crumb Freeze & Ice...if you are using any color icing other than Chocolate, a Chocolate cake will ALWAYS show/crumb through. Thank you howdini.com for adding that tidbit of information. (Insert rude hand gesture here with a polite smile.)
Lesson #3:
Kick everyone out of the kitchen. Immediately.
Other than that, it was a pretty good cake! It wasn't HORRIBLE but it was unsightly if you got to close to it. Seen Clueless? Just think "Monet". Yeah. Pics soon. I promise.
Birthday Cake
6 years ago

0 hollas!:
Post a Comment