Tia's bday dinner was great last night and it was really nice not to have to take the children. The location got moved, but it was a nicer place and I met some people that I can actually carry on an intelligent conversation with and not feel like I'm a know it all! That was actually really nice. Normally when I meet new people I keep my mouth shut for the first couple of dinners/meetings because I can come off as a know it all. When this happens they normally tell our mutual friends that I seemed snobbish. This is far from the case. I'm the least snobbish person I know...I just try to hard to keep.it.shut. for their sake even! LOL Anyways, the drink of the day was a Cosmopolitan. Personally, I've never had one. Secretly, I always wanted to try one because I have many acquaintainces that enjoy them on more than a few occasions and of course, I am in love with Sex and the City and that's like their signature drink, hello! (They are making ANOTHER movie! Sequels ROCK!)
Anyways, it was 1/2 off because it was the drink of the day. Now, I am unsure if this is just how Cosmos are made --or if Tia's sister who was Manager this particular night just decided to splash a few extra ounces of Vodka in my glass-- but this drink had me tipsy by my 2nd sip. 2nd SIP!!! SERIOUSLY. I was like WHAT??? Not even 8 ounces of Tequila has me this tipsy! Sheez! Either way, it was a kick ass drink and I shall learn how to make it at home like I have done with every other type of drink I try & like.
So there I'm sitting...28 years old...Cosmo in hand...answering questions about Olivia's Implants and how they work...having a conversation about the difference between speech therapy & speech language therapy...and my head the whole time is like WOW. That's A.LOT. of VODKA! I think I even said that once or twice? Hmmm. Out much Joy? Drink much, Joy??? Not.
I have plans for the rest of today. They include THIS:
How to make a castle cake
(Yes, I am making Natalie's Bday cake. I shall let you know in picturesque form, how this worked out.)
So what are you all doing tonight!?
Anyways, it was 1/2 off because it was the drink of the day. Now, I am unsure if this is just how Cosmos are made --or if Tia's sister who was Manager this particular night just decided to splash a few extra ounces of Vodka in my glass-- but this drink had me tipsy by my 2nd sip. 2nd SIP!!! SERIOUSLY. I was like WHAT??? Not even 8 ounces of Tequila has me this tipsy! Sheez! Either way, it was a kick ass drink and I shall learn how to make it at home like I have done with every other type of drink I try & like.
So there I'm sitting...28 years old...Cosmo in hand...answering questions about Olivia's Implants and how they work...having a conversation about the difference between speech therapy & speech language therapy...and my head the whole time is like WOW. That's A.LOT. of VODKA! I think I even said that once or twice? Hmmm. Out much Joy? Drink much, Joy??? Not.
I have plans for the rest of today. They include THIS:
How to make a castle cake
(Yes, I am making Natalie's Bday cake. I shall let you know in picturesque form, how this worked out.)
So what are you all doing tonight!?

0 hollas!:
Post a Comment