This is Natalie.
Cute, huh?
My wonderful best friend in the whole wide world (cough cough Jennifer!) taught my daughter "Talk to the Hand" last week. Now parents are fully aware of the repercussions of teaching a 4 year old sarcasm. One of those repercussions are that it puts consistentcy on the back burner. The other repercussions don't come until later in life, when the cute sarcasm stops being cute and starts pissing you off in that slap-her-in-the-face-if-she-says-that-to-me-again way.
So this morning, Natalie comes up to me and gives me a great big hug, her eyes still droopy with sleep and her nightgown disheveled. She literally looked like the cutest, cleanest hobo child I've ever laid eyes on. My immediate thought was "Awww, I wish she would always be like this. She's wearing me out acting like a 16-24 year old. Sigh. At least I have this moment of hugs and just waking up is the perfect time with her because she's sweet and calm."
As SOON as I finished those thoughts she gets this cheesy grin on her face and says "Guess what, Mom? (she didn't wait for me to guess, go figure) I found something even BETTER than Talk to the Hand!"
I was silent for a moment, thinking OMFG what? Instead of uttering this, I looked at her and said "And what's that?"
Cheesy grin again, "Talk to the FINGER!!!!" And up went that middle finger in all it's glory.
So here is my 4 year old daughter, supposed to be ANGEL but FARRR from it, short bobbed hair, big blue eyes (I'm so excited they are changing to green!!!), teeth exposed from one end of her mouth to the other, and that bird finger [that she isn't aware is screaming "F**K YOU!" at me] proudly shoved in my face.
After the initial shock, what do I do?
I laughed my friggin butt off.

3 hollas!:
OMG! I just know my daughter is going to do the same thing one day. That is SO funny!!
Just when you think you have the parenting thing down, it slaps you right in the face! :o)
hahahaha!!! I bet it's almost so cute that you hate to punish her! haha! My friend's kid called her a "mother f**ker" and she fixed the problem by saying "We dont say taht word... but do you know what we REALLY cant say??" Then she used a common, but funny word and acted like it was totally inappropriate. Her son runs around using it all the time and she acts like she's mad, but just laughs...
OMG! That's hilarious! I so do that reverse psychology with Natalie! If I want her to do something I tell her to NOT do it, and if I want her to not do something, well...I just threaten to spank her butt...=D
Post a Comment