About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

6.23.2008

"Heaven" is Downtown

Today Natalie sat down next to me & Jennifer on the couch. This is a daily occurance considering she normally does this when she doesn't want to nap. She even starts deep conversations that are totally inappropriate for a 4 year old to be thinking about. Natalie is fascinated with death and wants to be a CSI one day. I know that sounds odd, but she's actually quite serious about it and I find that funny instead of disturbing.

So Natalie sat down (it's about 12:55 pm and she was laid down at 12:00 pm.) and looks at myself & Jennifer. Here's the dialogue.

Natalie: My Grampa was a great man. He was strong.
Silence.
Jennifer: He was? I bet he was, how did you know that?
Natalie: Well, cause my daddy said so. And because he's in heaven and only great strong men go to heaven.
Laughter.
Me: Really? So women don't go to heaven?
Natalie: Yeah, we go to heaven too. But only if we have babies and cook.
Silence & stifled laughter.
Natalie: Ms. Jenny, you know Heaven's downtown, right?
Jennifer: It is? I thought heaven was in the sky?
Natalie shakes her head: No it's not! It's downtown where Grampa stays.
Jennifer starts laughing and says: That's the cemetary.
Natalie: No, the cemetary is over by on our way to wal mart. That's where dead people go too, but Heaven's downtown.
Jennifer looked at me oddly: Well, downtown is another cemetary, that's where your Grampa is.
Natalie (sarcastically): Ummm noooooo downtown is Heaven. That one's not a "cemetary" (as she says this one, she makes the sign for quotation marks.) it's Heaven.
Jennifer: Well why is that one Heaven and the other one just a cemetary?
Natalie: Because that's where Grampa is.

And that was that. She got up and went and laid down on her bed.

0 hollas!: