Jack Pretlusky, The New Kid on the Block. 1984.
Remember that book from Elementary School? It was the one with the silly poems & songs that every kid checked out from the library almost religiously and by the time you got to it it was so creased and grimy from being read so much that it was almost better to just beg your parents to buy it from the bookstore?
Yeah, well, I borrowed that book back in like, 1st grade and somehow I guess I never returned it although I wasn't aware of this until I found it in a box like 2 years ago when I was moving some stuff out of a rotting box and into a plastic tub. HAHA So I put it on my bookshelf and now when I go to said bookshelf I see a tattered old book of silly poetry with a huge PRE. 84. FIC. HUTCH BEACH ELEM. typed on the side and taped with some pretty awesome tape I'd say seeing that apparently this book has been hauled around illegally with me since around ummm 1984. (Ack!)
Anyways, off topic. There's a poem in there that I use to think was funny. I would giggle everytime I read it because it made me think of my mother. Ha! One was about homework (I hate you you stink...ha!) and the other was I'm In A Rotten Mood Today!
Today, I AM this poem. Sure, I feel like a bazillion times better than the previous days even though my head still pounds from the sinus pressure. The narcs helped immensely and the few days off that I got this week because of weather helped MORE because I got some much needed SLEEP. Niiiice... Anyways, things that are putting me in a Rotten Mood Today, listed form, because if I elaborate, this will be a NOVEL, instead of a blog post:
- People who spoil their kids. (Not with love way!! With the I'm-gonna-hold-you/your-bottle-all-day-&-night-to-shut-you-up-because-I-want-peace way.) And then lie to my face about it. Seriously people, if you do this with your kids (and be HONEST with yourself sheez), just think of the repercusions you put on the people who take care of your kids while you are at school/work. I.E.: if you hold your child ALL NIGHT AND ALL DAY LONG for days and days on end while home with them (mainly to shut them up) then your child (and you) will expect that from their Child Care Provider when they go back and then get mad when that doesn't happen. Helloooooo you don't need child care, you need a NANNY or cut your expenses in half and stay HOME.
- Public School System. They have to provide specific things, but do they really provide this? Do they seriously think they can lax in the communication department when you so desperately need the information to help your child succeed?
- Sinusitis. Seriously, if I get a fever with this bad bout of sinusitis, it increases my chance of a possible aneurysm by like 85%. HELLO sinus pressure in your HEAD is obviously a very.bad.thing. And...and...and...let me ALSO add that if you get sinusitis bad enough to be mistaken for a migraine, then it's not a migraine problem, it's a SINUS problem and you are more likely to get it.AGAIN. Yes people...I said chronic sinusitis. My luck. Thanks!
- People who think they know more than you when you know you know more than them in this particular instance. Let's say as in...oh...early childhood education. Hmmm...let's see...your child tells you something different at home than they tell the child care provider (ccp) at her house...you passive-aggressively bring up said remark to CCP who talks to the child in front of you about it and the truth comes out and then you feel like an idiot and then you want to get mad at CCP for it? So much for that "My Child Doesn't Lie." remark. Hmpf. At 5 years of age, yes your child most certainly WILL lie. They'll lie because they can, lie because they want to, lie to stay out of trouble, lie to test your skills, lie to see if you'll catch them, and lie just to make sure that they can get away with whatever it is they were doing. Yes, my dear, your child lies.
- People who try to act like they are better than you when you know they aren't. Ok. I'm not saying who, what, when, or where, but recently there was this thing and at this thing there were some people and among these people there was a girl and I'm not saying how long I have or have not known her or in what context because inadvertently sometimes people to happen to come across this blog through friends...but she is a "B". She has been a "B" since I have known her and she more than likely will ALWAYS BE A "B"! I want nothing more to do with her and if I had my way, I'd wipe her off the planet just because yes, she is THAT.ANNOYING.
- Before I forget...last one...I think: Look here PAS! and here PAS! This one ticks me off moreso than all the others! SO WHAT if your marraige/relationship failed! Don't pull the PAS crap! One day, when your children are old enough, they will wonder, and they will want to know about the parent they never knew. And if you pull this stunt, you will lose that child's respect, trust, and possibly their love. Think of LATER, don't think of the now...and separate your children's interest from your own personal wars with people.
Guess I elaborated a bit. Hmmm...Get it together people!

0 hollas!:
Post a Comment