Today is a sad day and I just needed to post to vent the grief and frustration that I feel.
Why are people taken from us? I am not one of those religious fanatics that believe that God takes our loved ones from us to teach us anything or to punish us for bad things we have done. But I suppose when it is someone's time, it's someone's time to go.
Take for instance, My grandparents. Momo and Papa. My father's parents. They were married for a long time. But my Papa always cheated on my Momo. He was mean, intolerable, even lost the respect of his children.
He left my Momo when I was in 8th grade for a younger woman. Wasn't with that woman long before he left her for another...and so on.
But he is still alive. And on this day 4 years ago I buried my beloved Momo.
Papa was stricken with alzheimer's disease. He can't take care of himself and his health is deteriorating badly.
Momo was a joy. She was a friend. She did no wrong from my point of view. She survived breast cancer twice, had a double mastectomy, and finally succombed to colon cancer in 2002.
So, even though this is awful for me to say, why did someone so GOOD. Someone so LOVING, someone so GRACIOUS have to die after surviving so much, and someone so MEAN and UNLOVING be able to live, even though his existence is futile?
I guess he is still alive because his meanness keeps him alive.
I hear he has toned down alot since his diagnosis a few years ago.
Somehow, that doesn't make the pain go away.
I love you Momo. I miss you terribly. You are always in my heart.
Love,
"Joy Belle"
Birthday Cake
6 years ago

0 hollas!:
Post a Comment