About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

7.16.2008

23...Did you know...?

After being at a plateau for a whole week and seeing only changes in INCHES (gosh, I LOVE & HATE THAT!) I weighed myself and found I'd dropped another 6 lbs. Wow, my clothes are fitting better than they were, and I'm actually 3 lbs ahead of myself. I was expecting a loss of 20 lbs in the first month (water weight, etc.) and I lost 23. And I never even starved myself like last year! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. Did you know SPINACH is a natural sexual enhancer? I know, creepy that those leafy vegetables can revvv up your libido but man! TMI whatever, seems to be a LOT of that today, but lemme tell you, they ain't-a-lyin'!
  2. Did you know BLUEBERRIES can help exercise your brain and enhance your memory?
  3. Did you know ALMONDS taken a handful a day can decrease your risk of heart disease by 30%!
  4. Did you know SWEET POTATOES are really really good baked with applesauce & brown sugar? They also have an antioxidant that your body already creates that enhances your ability to heal after a cut or scrape (or say a jump off a cliff in another country...haha). And we could all use healing properties, hmmm?
  5. Did you know that I can cook SALMON now? And it's really really good!
  6. Did you know TOFU rocks?! Seriously, it does!
  7. Did you know that a few handfuls of BRAZIL NUTS a day is good for your heart, your brain, & has enough protein in them to be substituted for meat?
  8. Did you know KALE is good too. I just cooked a sesame braised kale dish last night and thought I was in heaven! WOW!
  9. Did you know GARLIC increases good cholesterol while decreasing bad cholesterol?
  10. Did you know BROCCOLI, CAULIFLOWER, & CABBAGE all help to prevent & fight cancer especially breast cancer, colon cancer, & lung cancer. They boost the immune system naturally!

Well, I was going to do 23 for the poundage that has been lost but now I'm getting bored & I don't dare go anywhere now without a well rounded number like 20 and that's just repetitive.

Either way, whether you knew already, I sure didn't until recently & I'm so excited, I feel SO.DANG.GOOD!

5 hollas!:

Unknown said...

Congrats on feeling good! Keep your head in a good place and you'll reach your goal. And don't pay too much attention to the scale, sometimes it lags, always go off of the fit of your clothes and how you feel. You're well on your way to that coach bag!

Stacia said...

Much congrats. I need your email addy..

Stacia said...

p.s. I linked you and it finally worked =)

Michele said...

This is fantastic news! What are you going to buy yourself to celebrate?

Andrea said...

Keep up the hard work!! I read you blog before this one and let me tell you, I can relate. It's hard. But you are right and doing the right thing: You have the power to change yourself if YOU want to!!