Wow, it's almost the unveiling of the super-kick ass-glass infused-luxiourious BOK CENTER.
Have you seen downtown? It's kinda...FREAKY. I mean, there use to be nothing there and now there's this huge mega-structure of glass & metal steel. Amazing how things can change in just a second, even though they've been in phases since 2005's proposal to 2007's ground-breaking ceremony.
I was at my bank yesterday sending off a fax to Florida's Vital Statistics and while I was waiting to be helped, there was the brand new August Edition of OKLAHOMA! sitting on the little table. I don't know if they were complimentary or not but hey, I grabbed one anyway and before I realized it, had exited the bank with the mag.
The cover story of course, was BOK CENTER. With it's grand-opening just short of a month away now, they really gave it a go-to full fledged write up and I must say, the Center is magnificent. It has interesting facts about the Center from Naming Rights and how much BOK purchased them for (11 freaking million dollars for 20 years), to the Restaraunts that will be housed in the building.
(And Jackie, In the Raw will have an eatery there as well...just thought you would be interested in that!)
The posh seating that is laid out to be viewed in 38 suiutes, 20 loge boxes, and 682 club seatings is relaxing and comfortable. Those all leased within a week of placing each on the market with ONEOK signing a 15 year commitment to naming rights.
Anyways, I'm just going to let you guys find all the rest out if you care. LOL I think it's interesting whereas others might say ummm ok whatever NEXT!
P.S.
They did a Toilet Flush Test with local children yesterday. LOL I just found this funny considering the nature of the test and the fact that my children would have had a blast flushing all those dang toilets and laughing about how "eww" toilets are. It was to simulate intermission time once the building opens. LOL See, this is why I go during BORING parts of the shows.
Ribbon Cutting & Community Open House is August 30th from 10 am to 4 pm. It's free with $1 concessions. Contestents in the Games, COntests, and Tours will receive a free poster! WOW! (insert eye roll here)
Multi-Faith Celebration is Augsut 31st from 3 pm to 4:30 pm including a 10 minute blessing of the facility in 11 different faiths and supposedly a kick-ass choir. This is free too. Just an FYI.
Have you seen downtown? It's kinda...FREAKY. I mean, there use to be nothing there and now there's this huge mega-structure of glass & metal steel. Amazing how things can change in just a second, even though they've been in phases since 2005's proposal to 2007's ground-breaking ceremony.
I was at my bank yesterday sending off a fax to Florida's Vital Statistics and while I was waiting to be helped, there was the brand new August Edition of OKLAHOMA! sitting on the little table. I don't know if they were complimentary or not but hey, I grabbed one anyway and before I realized it, had exited the bank with the mag.
The cover story of course, was BOK CENTER. With it's grand-opening just short of a month away now, they really gave it a go-to full fledged write up and I must say, the Center is magnificent. It has interesting facts about the Center from Naming Rights and how much BOK purchased them for (11 freaking million dollars for 20 years), to the Restaraunts that will be housed in the building.
(And Jackie, In the Raw will have an eatery there as well...just thought you would be interested in that!)
The posh seating that is laid out to be viewed in 38 suiutes, 20 loge boxes, and 682 club seatings is relaxing and comfortable. Those all leased within a week of placing each on the market with ONEOK signing a 15 year commitment to naming rights.
Anyways, I'm just going to let you guys find all the rest out if you care. LOL I think it's interesting whereas others might say ummm ok whatever NEXT!
P.S.
They did a Toilet Flush Test with local children yesterday. LOL I just found this funny considering the nature of the test and the fact that my children would have had a blast flushing all those dang toilets and laughing about how "eww" toilets are. It was to simulate intermission time once the building opens. LOL See, this is why I go during BORING parts of the shows.
Ribbon Cutting & Community Open House is August 30th from 10 am to 4 pm. It's free with $1 concessions. Contestents in the Games, COntests, and Tours will receive a free poster! WOW! (insert eye roll here)
Multi-Faith Celebration is Augsut 31st from 3 pm to 4:30 pm including a 10 minute blessing of the facility in 11 different faiths and supposedly a kick-ass choir. This is free too. Just an FYI.


0 hollas!:
Post a Comment