So last week I was taking care of some business that really bummed me out. Not to mention the let down about Celine & the no hair/nails getting done thing. Those are minor problems compared to the sadness that surrounded me last week about 2 adorable children that deserve better than what they have.
I had my neice & nephew last week because their mother doesn't take very good care of them. And because she doesn't, their Uncle had to take them into his home. He is a very good man with a good wife and 2 kids of his own. He has a very good heart and wasn't about to turn the kids over to the state. This started with a simple babysitting night and has turned into my advising them that if they don't want to bring DHS into it, they needed to go down to the Court House and file for a Habeas Corpus for Emergency Guardianship of the Children. So they got a lawyer and did just that. Until they were able to get the Habeas Corpus though, they didn't want the mother to try and pick the kids up (which she didn't) so they asked me to keep them. So I did.
These kids were the sweetest kids I have ever seen in my life. They were so warm and loving! So caring and compassionate! One girl...2 years old, and one boy...4 years old. How dare a mother treat a child the way she treated hers! They are human beings, not just something you can throw away or discard! Not without consequences, anyway. Yes, they were dirty until Aunt & Uncle got them cleaned up and new clothes. They never asked for their Mother, because they were so used to staying with different people all the time because all she had time to care about was herself.
What possesses a mother to feel that she is the only importance after she has kids? I mean, of course, you shouldn't neglect yourself once you become a mother, but there is a fine line between taking care of yourself so you can take care of them and then taking care of JUST yourself and leaving them to fend for themselves. These children had a PLAN at their house to get food. The Boy would pull a chair up to the counter and climb up ontop of it. He would direct The Girl to stand in the chair. He would pass her 2 bowls, 2 cups, and a box of cereal which she would promptly put on the counter. Once she was down, he would drop to the chair and fill the bowls with cereal, then put the cereal up. Then get the milk out of the fridge and put it up. Then get spoons and serve his sister and then himself at the messy table.
Seriously people! While it is good that a 4 & 2 year old can pull that off, is it fair that they have to do this on a regular basis because their mom is coked out on the couch??? It makes me so mad and makes me want to really seriously hurt her for mistreating the kids. Dirty clothes. Dirty house. Screaming. Yelling. Beating. Cigarette burns. Slapping across the face just because. Coked out and neglecting. This doesn't make a good mother. It makes for angry kids. And these babies, they are just so forgiving! They weren't hard...yet. She didn't and doesn't deserve those kids. I hope she never gets them back. She has hurt them and taken away something that will take awhile for them to get back: the safety of their home.
I am glad I was able to help aid in their transition from broken home to loving home with family. From nothing to something. From hurt to love. I''m sorry this is so long but I had to blog this because it was weighing so heavily on my heart and I had to get it out. Children are my world. They are our future. I love all children no matter size, race, ability, attitude--yes some are challenging but they deserve our very best, don't they? They learn from us...from what they see us do. I am not the most perfect parent out there, who is? I know I make mistakes. My children have slipped out quite a few naughty words over the years thanks to yours truly. Nevertheless, they deserve respect, love, equality (to a specific degree, Childhood Education 101...hahaha), acceptance, encouragement, and guidance. But that's another blog for another day...
Oh, and just an FYI if you made it this far....The mother still has not even CALLED to check on the children and it's been over 2 weeks. She hasn't called, come by, NOTHING.
Birthday Cake
6 years ago

1 hollas!:
Wow, Joy. That's crazy about the kiddos. I am so glad you were able to be there for them. You know what? Those kids will probably always remember your caring and kindness. I am glad that God brought them into your life and I'm praying that they continue to be in good hands.
Post a Comment