About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

11.05.2008

Rose Colored Glasses are in the "ON" Position.

Yes, this is going to be a political post. Yes, I may make some of you shake your head at me. Yes, I may cause you to laugh, either at me or with me. Nevertheless, this is a BLOG, aka online journal/diary. I invite your responses, your beliefs, and will always respect your opinions. But only if you do the same for me. :)
I am having no choice but to unite & respect the party in office for the next 4 years. No matter how much I didn't want Obama to win, the fact remains that he did. Unlike many people who were severely disappointed that Bush was re-elected in '04, I am unsure and have mixed feelings about this election. Am I devastated? No. Would I feel differently if McCain was elected? Probably not because I am not 100% positive that McCain would have been a right choice & I'm still not 100% positive that Obama is the best choice either. Unfortunantly, I didn't get any other options. Some family & friends in other states voted Nader or Barr. They weren't on my ballots. Even if they were, would they be worthy of the Oval Office either? WHO IS?
History was made. They continue to speak and reassure that race has no issue here, yet they keep playing up Martin Luther King's speeches and equality for all and blahditity blah blah! In my mind, everyone was already equal. I understand the excitement for an African American becoming President, but don't tell me race has no issue here and then show me that it does. That's hypocritical and sends the wrong message.
Obama's race has nothing to do with why I did not vote for him. I don't see black & white. I see people. I see sincerety. I see dancers, singers, lawyers, teachers, love, compassion. I trust a little too much sometimes. I have been burned many times. Yet I hold on to my rose colored glasses and keep them in my pocket so that at any moment, I can let my guard down and see people for what I hope they are or can be. I just personally don't believe in abortion. Pro-choice for me is make sure you take your friggin' birth control pill or choose to keep the legs closed. Yes, it is as simple as that one thing for me.
So, since I have no choice but to accept what will be, I shall take out my rose colored glasses and see Obama in the light I'd like to be able to see him in. I am informed enough and smart enough to understand that he won't single-handedly be running this country. There is such a thing called CONGRESS. mmmmhmmmmmmmm.
So here I am with my glasses, unsure of which side of the fence I would prefer to be on, unsure if I am willingly or forcibly having to trust him to take care of this country in the best way he can with what limited power he actual holds.
Here's to the next Four Years....

0 hollas!: