5. Count that...1, 2, 3, 4, 5 African Americans today informed me that they were finally receiving payback for YEARS...(yes people, they said YEARS) of suffering that they went through because of slavery and hard times in their life, and having to fight to be on welfare (what?) etc...etc...etc... because they were REDEEMED by a black man becoming president of the United States!!!!
They continued to tell me that I have no clue what it was like have hard times. To go through slavery, to be on welfare, to fight past the color of my skin. When they first approached me with the "Were you happy about last night's win?" I simply said "I don't discuss politics with anyone outside my family, but thank you for asking." At that moment, I should have known to choose a different line in the check out. I didn't realize that people took my choice to not speak about my political views/beliefs in public as my being snooty! And to make matters worse, they figured I was some kind of "money" because Ihad a nice purse and didn't purchase my groceries with a state issued "Access Card".
I'm confused...I thought we were voting on the best possible person for the position, not black or white? Excuse me while I hold the eye roll and throw a big fat hand up, fingers in place to play "My heart bleeds for you" with the world's smallest frickin' violin! How does someone take it upon themselves to not only claim suffering for slavery that they never even experienced (helloooooooo they were like no older than 25), but to tell me, a person they don't know, that I have no clue what it's like to have a horrible childhood, have not known hard times, and basically make it seem that I just had life handed to me on a silver platter with a nice little manual tucked under the wet napkin wipe.
Grrrrrrrrrr...I gotta go find those rose colored glasses, because they sure tried to knock them suckers off!
Birthday Cake
6 years ago

2 hollas!:
I am also a bit on edge about the race issue. I don't think it was all about race at all and I wish the media would quit playing that up. I'd like the think we're all more educated than to vote on color - I know I was!
What I'm saying is I see your point and agree with 98% of it.
It is a very historial moment though, one that will take a while to die down I think.
Gah...I'm really tired of politics!
I see where you're coming from. My email is blaze-likefire@hotmail.com. I'll take any help you'll give me!
Post a Comment