Fiona-Baby (our pet hamster) died Friday. We buried her Friday night. The girls wanted to do a ceremony and Garland and I felt it was a perfect opportunity to teach them about the permanency of death. So Garland built a small casket and grave marker and we wrote it out like you would a regular one. The girls really got into it, and since they weren't well versed in an appropriate prayer for a "funeral", they proceeded to recite the Pledge of Allegiance (to Fiona...and the United States of America...) It was too cute and priceless to stop and correct them.
I took Olivia to From Silence to Sound at the Cinema 12 downtown. It was interesting and had me in tears. Olivia was so excited because she doesn't see many people with cochlear implants and I wanted her to see that she can grow up to be anything that she wants and can make life happen for herself, etc. We got to meet Justin Garrett, the man whom the movie was about, and he and Olivia got along very very well. She had a lot of fun being able to see footage from the movie with places and people that she recognized. She got way too excited and started clapping and squealing "OMG Mommy it's Dr. Wolf!!! It's Oklahoma City!" Everyone around us thought it was amusing. Here's a picture of Olivia with Justin Garrett:

Mother's Day rocked at mi casa. Yes. I said ROCKED. I found a pair of Coach heels that match my purse a few weekends ago while out shopping with Garland's daughter, Stephanie. Her advice: buy them and return them if he said what the hell were you thinking? I decided to wait and just drop hints. LOL For 2 weeks. HA! And he went and got them! Woot woot! I'm so excited!!!!!
I also got....wait for it...wait for it...
and OMG am I a happy freaking camper! Yes people this IS the Blackberry Curve 8900!! I haven't fully figured out this phone. Nor am I in a hurry because I don't have to sit in front of a computer to google anything, look up anything, check FB or Myspace! I am so exciteddddd! My yahoo & blackberry messenger & texts are taking up most of my phone time which is A-OK with me. Hey, don't judge. It's how I have conversations with the type of work I am in. And trust me, I need my adult interaction, even if it is more technological than personal. Whatev. =D
On Sunday Stephanie & Jake joined us at Osaka for Mother's Day dinner. (She needed a Mother's Day dinner too with all the mothering she has to do for her pups!) I will have to admit, I prefer Tokyo Gardens to Osaka. I was MAJOR disappointed. The cook was obviously having an off day so I docked him tip for being unemotional, robotic, and NON-FUN! Hellooo Mr. You're-supposed-to-make-us-ohhh-and-aww-and-laugh-and-"Egg-Roll"-and-see-"butter-fly" but instead my kids are saying "Why does he look mad? Is he sad mommy?" and when I try to play it off and say "He's just focusing, Sweetheart..." they say "Well he could smile while focusing, that's what he gets paid for, right?" Thank you Natalie Ann. You smart little cookie. Whilst she is fanning her fake yawn and saying "BORINGGGG! Wake me when you get interesting."
Hahaha. So it was a great weekend. And now we are playing WIII and I'm getting tired so...=D Hope all you Mommies out there enjoyed a day just for yourselves! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hollas!:
Coach shoes? hmmmm I think you have lost your tomboy status from your childhood =)
Happy Late Mothers Day! :-)
J.
Post a Comment