About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

8.09.2008

Because Miss Priss Said So...

So Andrea suggested to post this on my site. So I am. Yay for me, I love making new blogger friends. I shall add her to my list. =D The following is my response to her post Scared Isn't the Right Word. Woot Woot!

If I may speak bluntly - and I believe I may, seeing that you invited differing opinion commentary lol- I am one of those "anti-abortion crazies." I have my reasons, but I don't need to get into defending my beliefs, and to be honest with you, I feel no need to hear justification from anyone else who believes differently and feel no need to justify myself. =D

I personally believe that people lose sight of the truth by getting caught up in the events leading up to the elections. Politicians are politicians straight up. They can promise anything in the world to everyone. It doesn't matter how sincere they may seem, how right-winged or left-winged they are. Promising a new world or any kind of change doesn't mean they can deliver once they reach their post because the legislature isn't that simplistic. The President is no more than a "patsy," a face and signature of the decision makers. No matter who he is. Bush, Clinton, Reagan, McCain, Obama, it's all the same. Mr. President doesn't MAKE the decisions all by his lonesome, he signs off on decisions made by "majority rules." They can veto all they want, but the fact remains that whomever the public sends as it's speakers, it's law makers, will continue to put their demands at the fingertips of El Presidente.

I am a staunch voter. I read up on all candidates. I don't vote popular. I don't vote on who promises what to who. I don't vote Democratic. I don't vote Republican.I vote educated. I vote belief system. I vote informed. I vote armed with knowledge of the history and the dedication and the work and the sweat behind each name on that ballot. When I step in that cubicle and I read the names printed, the proposals that are amended or created, I automatically see all of the information I have dug up whether good or bad. I pull everything I have researched and I use it for my personalized belief-system vote.If people want to see a change or make a change, it doesn't matter who's in THE SEAT. What matters is who's in Congress. Senate. House.

So if people want to see change, the election they should be worried about is the election of the officials from their States that are being sent to DC.

And now I'm off my Soap Box. Whereas I apologized for wordy-ness in Andrea's Blog, I feel no need to do that in my own. =D That's why it's MIIIIIIIINE.

2 hollas!:

Andrea said...

Good Blog! I love to hear people speak about something that they feel strongly about.

Thanks for the kudos on not smoking!

BTW - I put you on my blog list so you show up on my page now. Then I started thinking, why the hell didn't we really speak in H.S.?!? Anyway. Have a great weekend!

Jax said...

Love. IT.