About Me

My photo
I'm in my 20's. Sometimes I'm okay with that, sometimes I'm not. I have 2 daughters. I have a wonderful man! I'm from the East Coast. Oklahoma has tornados, NOT beaches!! I write. I read. I work hard. I'm addicted to blogger & facebook. Hmm weird! I hate drama, although I am very dramatic. I love pink, shoes, Celine Dion, and Coach purses. This is new to me, because I have always been a tomboy!

8.11.2008

Kissing at 25.

We had a conversation today. About boys and babies and kissing. I was cracking up at my 4 year old because she tries so hard to talk like an "uh-dulttt" and it comes off extremely comical. I shall try to video tape her next time just so you can see what I'm talking about. Anyway, here's the convo:

Natalie: Mommy, I want to grow up and get married and have babies when I'm 25 or 26.
Me (shocked): Why 25 or 26?
Natalie (with an eyeroll): BEECAUUUUUSE, duh! Babies screw everything up! And I want to be a cheerleader and stuff and go to college and everybody KNOWS you can't be a cheerleader and go to college if you have BABIES!
Me (holding in the laughter): You can still be a cheerleader and go to college if you have babies, lots of people do that now, but I do think you should wait to have kids until after you're done with learning what you want to do as your adult job.
Natalie (with a HUGE sigh): Mom. Seriously. I just said I want to be a cheerleader when I'm an "uhdult".
Me: Natalie. Seriously. You can do cheerleading in high school and college. When you are doing those extra things, you still have one thing that you should focus on in what you want to do.
Natalie (with a VERY thoughtful looking face): Yeah, I'm thinking about CSI Stuff. I could be a CSI and work with dead people and do cheerleading.
Me (shaking my head): Sure, whatever you want to do child. But you are right in waiting to have babies.
Natalie (disgusted look on her face): Yeah, well, you gotta be married and stuff to do that and I'm not going to kiss a boy until I'm 25!

Yeah, that was soooo nice to know. At least she's got her priorities in order.

For now.

4 hollas!:

Andrea said...

I think I like Natalie. What a super smart little girl!

But isn't it crazy that you can, in fact, can have a baby, finish school, finish college and live a perfectly good life? When 30 years ago that would have been unheard of?!? I think it's wonderful. I mean, certainly it's not actually the BEST thing to do, but to know as a girl these days that it wouldn't be the end of your life is encouraging. And shows how much we have evolved as a society.

Stacia said...

LMAO that is too funny!
Go Natalie!

Kelz World said...

She is a very smart little cookie. and the plague is gone thank god!! it was the worst experience of my life, thank you for reading more to come soon!!

Michele said...

I love that so much! It makes me laugh!!! Mark dropped off Piper today and she said the following: "Daddy, you can't stay here because only GIRLS live in this house!"