Yes, you read right. That IS from Pretty Woman.
Anyways, I felt like I was in FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL again today. How awesome could that be you ask?
I talked to:
*Rebecca
*Jackie
*Jennifer
on the cell. Go figure! But that's not it!
I SAW:
*Leslie
*Mandy
I helped Rebecca with dinner plans, picked Jackie's legalized brain, and annoyed Jennifer with my fast-as-lightening texting skills. I ran into Leslie at Carraba's (which was gooooood btw) and met Mandy at Build-A-Bear where I spent an OBSCENE amount of money on 2 stuffed critters for my little critters. I'll never do THAT again, that's for sure. (Yeah right)
So Mandy ate in the food court and we had blasts from Sonic and hung out at BABW for a useless amount of time so the girls could pick out shoes and outfits...yes, for bears (well technically, a kitty cat & a bunny rabbit). On our way out of the Mall, I stopped by Lancome to check out their new fragrance Magnifique' which btw is like sniffing HEAVEN thank you and the woman...she SNUBBED me. Which brings me to my next paragraph.
Demographics show that if you go into an expensive area of a mall (or any place for that matter), you will be treated based on how you look. In most places, this isn't really the case, but in some places they are. Apparently, the Lancome counter in Macy's (or Dilliard's, whichever) is one of those correct demographics. WHAT.THE.HELL? Normally I go in there and I'm dressed in a button down with dark jeans and nice heels and my awesome Coach products. Today, I wasn't doin anything special so I was just in jeans, tennis shoes, a nice brown tank, and my old hobo bag. Now, I'm a leeeetle on the heavy side (for the moment) so I am not always in the new tight fitting outfits that are made for much smaller frames but I'm not some kind of sludge covered creatin trying to infect the masses at the Lancome counter!
Usually, the woman behind the counter recognizes me, so no matter what I'm looking like, I am always greeted with a smile and helped immediately. Not tonight. The skinny blonde-haired red lipped hussy started walking towards me as I approached the new Fragrance counter and was hollering "Hello!" and then for some reason, she went behind the counter and never uttered another word to me, just a look on her face that read are you SURE you can afford the stuff in here, sweetie? So I did what any other person unable to afford their stuff would do: I tried it all on, perfume and all, smiled politely and walked away. Damn, why'd that chick have to be there? I SERIOUSLY wanted to buy the damn perfume!
And people wonder why I just might have a thing against blondes. REALLY?!
Birthday Cake
6 years ago

6 hollas!:
ugh. yes. i get this/similar treatment all the time because i look about 12. A-Noyyyyying.
eff the lancome lady...lol
I know that feeling!
I think next time we should all walk in there - like a united front - with no make-up on and buy the crap out of Lancome products!
my senior year of high school we went prom dress shopping and went to sax in utica square amongst other places. there were five of us in our saturday best (aka comfy clothes). some lady decided to help us out of the goodness of her heart (despite having been stared down our whole way to the dress department) and two of the girls bought their dresses from that woman that very day.
why would you work in the service industry and then knowingly provide crappy service, hmmm? yikes, glad you made a little statement about it!
Joy i think you are my sister from another mister.
i totally agree i get the same treatment in places when im not dressed all fancy. SCREW EM!!!! and i love that you called her a hussy.
Have you quit blogging young lady??
Post a Comment